Friday, August 23, 2013

Tommy Thank Yous and Journaling Cards

Today is the final day of my, "Use up all of my Tommy Paper Pack," challenge! So, by now, I was down to smaller scraps. I decided to add a piece of retired gray cardstock, which I should use up anyway, right? I made two standard card bases from it and cut out some shapes with my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to match a stamp I wanted to use from the D1542, For a Friend, stamp set. Using my leftover scraps, here's what I came up with. Since the fronts of these cards are relatively light, I kept the insides blank.
 
Well, then I still had some scraps so I made some journaling cards which I could possibly add to
 my Project Life Style Album or to one of the layouts I made with Tommy.

So I got quite a few projects done with one paper pack! I only added two full 12" x 12" sheets of cardstock (Grey Flannel and Slate) and one White Daisy card base plus White Daisy scraps and Colonial White craps. After making all of the projects I shared with you this week, I am left with just the few scraps pictured here. For reference, that striped square piece measures 1.5" x 1.5."
 
Not bad, don't you think? Of course, when I finished, my daughter asked, "Do you have any more of that red anchor paper?" Sigh!
 
I imagine I could probably get another card or journaling spot out of these scraps but I'm content with filing away the larger pieces in my scrap drawers and recycling the smaller pieces for now.
I hope you enjoyed my challenge and seeing what I could come up with.
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...