Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tommy Layout from Cherish

We are on Day 5 of my, "Use up all of my Tommy Paper Pack," project!
 
For this double scrapbook layout, I used the pattern called Portrait Collection on page 76 in Cherish. Cherish contains 50 double layouts and comes with step by step directions as well as an example of the layout. I love the examples since they sometimes show how you can modify a layout and how to add different embellishments. I have the original hardcover version but it now comes in a softcover spiral bound book which allows it to be very affordable at $14.95.
 
I wanted to keep the nautical theme out of these pages since I don't know what pictures I want to use on them and I stuck with mostly a blue and yellow color scheme. I added a piece of Slate cardstock as a backing and I added a few narrow strips of paper which go down vertically in between the yellow and striped paper on the left and in between the striped paper and Slate cardstock on the right. I didn't embellish much except for the, "Treasured Moments," strip I cut from one of the zip strips in this pack. Once I know which pictures I will use on these pages, I may embellish more, but for now, I kept it simple.
 
Both pages, side by side
 
Left page
 
Right page
 
This seems to be a good layout to use when you don't want to have to fuss too much! I changed the order of the papers a bit and since I already had the narrow strips of paper earlier from some other cut (two are the narrow zip strips from the tops of the papers which I usually cut off right away), I think I just used two slices of my paper trimmer to get the pieces I needed! One was for the striped paper. I then adhered one striped piece on the Honey patterned paper on the left and one on the Slate cardstock on the right. Then I cut my Outdoor Denim in half and adhered those pieces on after adding my narrow vertical strips. How easy!
 
Tomorrow will wrap up my Tommy challenge so be sure to come back and see my final projects!
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...