Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Baby Carriage Spin Card

I was so excited to see Circle Spin Cards in CTMH's 2013 Autumn Winter catalog! They were one of my first purchases from the new catalog. (My daughter just said, "Your first purchase was everything!" Ok, that's somewhat true). I'm glad these are 7" x 5" because I've made standard size spin cards before and it just doesn't give you a whole lot of room to decorate your card.

I was also drawn to the adorable "M" sized stamps. They fit perfectly onto the circle portion of the spinner card. Here I used Chantilly paper with the Baby Carriage "M" sized stamp for a baby card. I never need baby cards and now all of a sudden I need three!

I also used the Congratulations stamp which comes with the Cricut Art Philosophy bundle on the other side of the spinning circle part of the card.
 
I made all of my scalloped borders lickety-split with CTMH's new Scallop Border Punch.
 
 Here's a view of the card opened. I put a piece of the Chantilly paper right behind the opening for the spin part of the card so I would know where not to write and so it would look nice when the card was closed. 
 
 I used my Ruby pigment ink to stamp the baby carriage. I learned my lesson after trying to color after stamping with my Ruby Dye ink -- I got too much smearing. The pigment ink did the trick!I also used my Ruby, Cotton Candy, and Pear CTMH alcohol markers to color.


 
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...