Monday, October 17, 2011

Sit Back and Enjoy the Ride

I tend to create a lot of cards with floral themes which isn't necessarily the type of look I want when sending something to my dad or brother or someone male! So I've been trying to create more masculine types of cards just to keep on hand. I used two of my new stamp sets, Enjoy Life and Two Step Backgrounds on my card.

Enjoy Life:






















Two Step Backgrounds:






















I used the colors from The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC103 to help me along. I love that these colors can work for a masculine card yet there is no brown in them! It seems that I always revert to brown for masculine cards so it's nice to play with a brighter palette.


Here is the card I came up with.
Supplies used (all CTMH): (X7141B) Elemental Level 2 paper pack, (C1439) Enjoy Life stamp set, (D1473) Two-Step Background stamp set, (Z2125) Grey Wool stamp pad, (1447) Autumn Terracotta stamp pad, (Z2192) Pacifica stamp pad, (Z280) Natural Hemp, (1385) White Daisy cardstock, Scrap of Grey Wool cardstock, Scrap of orange paper from my stashPin It

2 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Love your card, so wonderully vintage! Awesome arrangement of our colors, too! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! I love this card---great design and use of twine! LOVE your stamping too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...