Monday, October 3, 2011

H2H 76 and CFC 22

This had the potential to be a relatively quick card, except that I was trying to help both of my kids with their homework at the same time! I think I prefer my 3rd grader's multiplication to my 8th grader's geometry!

Anyway, I combined the current Heart 2 Heart sketch challenge (H2H 76) and the current CAS-ual Fridays (CFC 22) challenge.


The CFC22 challenge is to "Create a Clean And Simple project using a ribbon tab or loop. Big loops, tiny loops...get creative but the loops on a bow don't count."

I thought that both challenges were good ones to help me use up some scraps, both of paper and of ribbon. I love it when I can do that! I also used one of my favorite techniques of having random squares and rectangles of scraps standing in to look like presents. Although my loops are supposed to look like bows, I didn't have to tie them into bows. Much easier!

Although the papers I used are "old" or retired, they just don't seem all that old to me! Didn't Close to My Heart just come out with these? The paper with the greens is from Veranda and the ones with the pinks and reds are from That's Amore. I still love them and for once, I'm glad I hoarded!

Pin It

7 comments:

Creatique Candy said...

Lubna you did an awesome job on both challenges. I think collector is the best way to describe it :) I'm still in love with both the "That's Amore" & "Veranda" and have quite a stash of my own. So this is a great idea to incorporate them into this card. Thanks for sharing.

Marie said...

Great card! Love your take on the H2H sketch :)

Laura Davis said...

beautiful!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Karen B. said...

This is so unique! What a great way to add loops into your creation. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laurie said...

OH my! I love this idea! So cute! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Haley D. said...

Your presents are so cute! I love the little ribbon loops for bows. Thanks for playing along with the H2H sketch challenge!

The Paper Princess. . . Michelle Auten said...

What a clever idea for the presents! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...