Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall 2005 Layouts

I spent some time organizing my scrap paper yesterday. I've had a variety of systems to keep scraps over the years. I started off with a file box and file folders. This worked for awhile but I needed the file box for something and by then I had acquired quite a lot of scraps. Then I switched to keeping them in the pocket dividers that came in a Cropper Hopper vertical paper holder. This was probably my worst system. It was very difficult to reach the small scraps that had fallen way down into the dividers. I couldn't open them up the way I could with a file folder. Most recently, I've been keeping them in two 12" x 12" plastic drawers...which was definitely not enough space. Yesterday, I cleaned out another drawer and divided my scraps between three drawers. Now, one drawer holds my neutral scraps (white, off-white, browns, blacks, and grays). One drawer holds my green and blue scraps while the last holds purples, pinks, reds, oranges, and yellows. I could probably benefit from using two or three more drawers but right now I can't expand anymore!

Anyway, looking at all of my scraps inspired me and that's what it's all about! I started cleaning up my desk just a bit and found some cute photos of my kids from 6 years ago (yes, I still have a lot of organizing to do). So I used these pictures, some scraps, some old embellishments, and some new stuff to make the layouts below. I love the background paper on that second layout and I didn't want to cover it up too much so I tried to keep my embellishments to a minimum.


 

Supplies used (all CTMH): (Z1686) Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge for leaves and shaped journaling blocks, (Z2114) Cocoa stamp pad, (Z726) Sponge Daubers, (X7142B) Dreamin' Level 2 paper pack, (Z1450) Color-Ready Alphabets Cork, (Z1127) Chocolate Designer Ribbon Rounds, (Z1333) Opaques Mocha Adhesive Gems, (Z1410) Antiqued Copper Designer Brads, Noteworthy stamp set for the lines on my journaling block, Foundry FlourishesPin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...