Monday, June 18, 2012

Kids' Summer Scramp Camp 2012

The first week of my little camp has gotten underway! I try to offer a balance of free choice and "follow along" projects so that I can teach techniques but also give the kids some freedom to explore. After all, it's not fun if you're totally restricted in your creativity, right? Our first project was decorating a card box. I precut the Roxie papers using the Art Philosophy cartridge on the Cricut and with a paper trimmer to fit the card boxes, but the girls could decide which side of the paper to use and how to place their elements on their card boxes. They also chose how and if they wanted to add their pearl stickers and what color button to use. So while it was somewhat guided, there still was some free choice.  What I love to see is how different the projects turn out even with all the same or similar elements. I didn't get pictures of all the boxes but here are a few.




Tomorrow we will work on making some jewelry with scrapbooking papers. I hope they turn out well!

Now that school has ended for both me and my kids, I'm hoping I can post a bit more often. I have some projects just waiting to get photographed. I think it's also helpful to me that I switched back to the older Blogger interface. The new one is not intuitive for me! Although I do know that I will have to switch back to it soon, I figured I will use the old one while I can.
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...