Sunday, June 24, 2012

Best Fishes - Freshly Made Sketches #40

I used the following sketch from Freshly Made Sketches to make my card.

I changed my card a little bit and since my main image already had a sentiment, I used a wooden shell embellishment instead of the banner on the bottom left.
Supplies used (all CTMH except where noted): (X7151B) Footloose Level 2 paper pack, Cocoa cardstock, Pear Cardstock, (C1500) Under the Sea stamp set, (44571) Archival Black stamp pad, (Z2194) Sky stamp pad, (Z2195) Lagoon stamp pad, (Z2197) Pear stamp pad, (Z2167) Creme Brulee stamp pad, (Z2114) Cocoa stamp pad, (Z1693) Seaside Wooden Shapes, (1771) Waterbrush, (Z1702) Baker's Twine Paradise Assortment, (Z1336) Opaques Pearl Adhesive Gems, (Z679) Liquid Glass, (Z697) Round Sponge, Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles Embossing Folder, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Fiskars Paper Crimper, Crayola green colored pencil

I used some techniques and supplies that I taught in my recent Kids' Scramp Camp. Every participant received the Under the Sea stamp set and that's what I used here (since that's what I had out!). I combined two of the stamps from that set onto one acrylic block and then left the little tiny fish on its own block to stamp into my main image.
I used the Archival Black stamp pad to stamp my fishes and let them dry a bit before going in and using my waterbrush with ink from my stamp pads to paint. I used the Archival Black instead of the regular black just so the images wouldn't bleed while I was painting them.

Since I didn't want to use brads on my cards, I used Liquid Glass on some punched cardstock circles again (upper right corner). See my post from 6/22/12 to see details on how I do this. Although I wanted this card to be appropriate for giving to either a male or a female, I couldn't resist adding a little pearl to the shell. My son assured me that he wouldn't mind getting a card with a pearl on it. I had another small wooden shell shape which looked more like what a pearl would come in...a clam shell, so I decided to make another card with the same design. I used Pacifica ink instead of Lagoon for the "sea" and I used Cocoa cardstock circles instead of the Bamboo circles that I used in the first card on the upper right.

Pin It

5 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a cute card! Love the fish! I think my son would be okay with a pearl too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

This is awesome ... what a fabulous underwater theme and so beautifully coloured! Love the background texture and cripmed border!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Linda Suarez said...

Wow! I love this card Lubna! I love the little under the sea scene you created. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Allisa said...

Love the fish scene that you created. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cindy Hall said...

Great card! I love how the texturing and DSP go so well with the main image! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...