Friday, June 22, 2012

Bee Happy Thank You

This is one of those projects I started awhile ago and never got around to photographing. I used the Mojo Monday Sketch #245, but I never posted it on their challenge blog since I didn't photograph it until today!

Part of the reason that it took me some time to photograph it was that I wanted to make enough to send one to each of my preschool students as a thank you. I also was busy preparing for Art Camp which ended today. I used a bee stamp from the Bee Happy stamp set since we were the "Yellow Bumblebees," during our end of the year field day.

I played around with some of my new copic markers which I got using a gift certificate for Oozak.com (a gift from my lovely preschool class) to color in the sweet bee stamp. I'm still learning but here's a closer look at the colored image.

I didn't want to have to worry about whether or not I would need extra postage for these cards but I still wanted some dimension so I used one of my favorite techniques. After using a regular hole punch to get the red circles on the bottom left and the light yellow center for the flower, I applied some Liquid Glass.
After the Liquid Glass dried, my little punched holes somewhat resembled brads and give my cards dimension, not to mention some shine, without too much bulk.

Supplies used (all CTMH except for copics and nestabilities dies): (January special from 2009) Key to My Heart papers, (X7141B) Elemental Level 2 paper pack, (Z679) Liquid Glass, (B1374) Bee Happy stamp set, (44751) Archival black ink, (Z578) Corner Rounder, (Z1710) Just Blooms Paradise Paper Flowers, (Z1686) Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge to cut banners, Copic markers, nestabilities 



Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...