Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!


Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a great start to 2010!

I've been thinking about starting a blog for awhile and thought that it might be appropriate to start it at the beginning of the year. I'm hoping that it will be a good way to share card and scrapbooking ideas and also to catalog these ideas for myself! Most of the items I use will be from Close To My Heart, since I'm a consultant, but I will branch out every so often. I'm also hoping that this will motivate me to use up my ever growing stash of crafting items!

I've had a fun vacation from my day job as a preschool aide and one of the things I did was come up with a thank you card design to send to my students for the presents they gave me during the end of the year holiday party. This stamp set, Snow Friends, is one of my favorites so here's what I came up with, only I changed the sentiment here. With the thank you cards, I just stamped a, "Thank You," directly onto the light blue patterned paper from the Stardust pack. After making 15 of these, I needed a change and made a few New Year's cards!

Supplies used: (X7109B) Stardust Level 2 paper, (X5643) Chocolate cardstock, (D1244) Snowfriends stamp set, (D1283) Say It In Style stamp set, (Z2134) Moonstruck stamp pad, (Z2317) Crystal Blue marker, (Z2324) Grey Flannel marker, (Z2338) Orange marker, (Z2301) Autumn Terracota marker, (Z2310) Buttercup marker, (Z2316) Cranberry marker, (Z578) Corner Rounder, (Z534) Micro-tip scissors, (Z553) Bonding Memories Glue Pen, Nestabilities Labels One, blue brad (I just had this in my stash but it matches Moonstruck well!)

In case you want directions for the paper piecing part, here they are:
Stamp snowman image onto star patterned paper from Stardust paper pack. Stamp snowman image onto White Daisy cardstock and cut out snowman and snowflakes (don't cut around the arms or hat). Stamp same snowman image onto beige patterned paper (with blue dots and "stitched circles). Cut out the hat only.

Assemble all snowman pieces together. Glue White Daisy snowman image and beige hat onto the blue star patterned paper. Trim White Daisy cardstock as needed. Use markers to color in stamped image.

Attach blue star patterned paper to standard sized (4.25" x 5.5") card base on the upper left side. Attach a piece of beige patterened paper to upper right. Attach a strip of 1" x 5.5" light blue striped patterned paper along the bottom. Use corner rounder to add a scalloped design along one edge of a piece of .5" x 5.5" Chocolate cardstock.

Attach Chocolate cardstock strip, green patterned strip, and Moonstruck strip right over the top of the light blue striped patterned paper. Glue "snowflakes" from White Daisy cardstock (stamp and add more if desired). Assemble rest of card as shown.

Enjoy!
Lubna

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...