Friday, January 15, 2010

Going Through My Stash (Sonata and My Heart)

The music teacher at the preschool where I work turned 61 today and in honor of her birthday, I wanted to give her a set of notecards with a musical theme. I also had promised myself to use up more of my hoard of paper so I decided to use a retired paper pack I have called, Sonata. I really do like this paper and since it's retired, it was even more difficult to let go of my hoarding tendencies...but I did! I also used a retired stamp set, My Heart. It may be difficult to see in the picture but I used Clear Sparkles on the stamped musical notes (it looks nice in real life) and the music book is popped up with 3-D adhesive.


Supplies: (Z1104) Clear Sparkles, (X5747) Basic Textured Cardstock, (Z2111) Chocolate stamp pad, (Z2105) Black stamp pad, (Z2311) Chocolate marker, (Z1151) 3-D Foam Tape, Nestabilities
Retired items: Sonata paper, My Heart stamp set, Chocolate grosgrain

I like using the textured cardstock as a card base because it is two toned. So if you have a dark color like the Chocolate shown here, once it is folded the inside of the card is lighter and easy to write on with a regular pen. Here's a picture of the inside:



Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...