Monday, January 2, 2012

Sweet as Honey

Happy New Year!

Well, break is over for me and the kids so we will be getting our noses back to the grindstone once more. Although I love teaching, I do love my free time, especially having time to create! So I was commiserating with my kids about going back to school a little today. I decided I needed to make something cheerful to end our break and to start the new year.

I've been enjoying Laurel Seabrook's blog for quite awhile now and she has recently started a challenge blog called Inspired By. The Inspired By challenge #4 is to use the following invitation as a starting point.

I was inspired by the layout, texture, and the colors. Here's what I came up with.
Supplies used (all CTMH except for Nestabilities): (B1374) Bee Happy stamp set, Grey Wool Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Corner Rounder, Black stamp pad, (Z2350) Sunflower marker, (Z2310) Buttercup marker, (Z2352) Sunny Yellow marker, Corner rounder to make scalloped edges, Houndstooth paper is from the retired Splendor paper pack, Nestabilities - Lacey Circles, Standard Circles (small and large)

One of the sentiments from this stamp set is, "Don't worry, bee happy," so now I have the Bobby McPherrin song going through my head!

Pin It

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh my how cute is this! Love that little bee! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

FrancineB said...

Cute card! Love that little bee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...