Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thank You Sew Much!

I had a chance to craft this weekend and came up with the following card.
Supplies used (all CTMH):
Stamp sets: (C1442) Tailor-Made, (C1494) Card Word Puzzle - new
Stamp pads: (Z2105) Black, ( 1467) Baby Pink,
Papers: (X7148B) Pemberley -- yellow piece for dressmaker form, White Daisy Cardstock, yellow and pink patterned papers (retired)
Embellishments: (Z1384) Pink Ribbon Collection, (Z1702) Baker's Twine - Paradise Assortment - new, (Z1104) Sparkles, (Z1151) Foam Tape, Yellow and pink flowers (retired), Sorbet ribbon (retired)

I was inspired by Heart 2 Heart's challenge from last week to use a CTMH stamp set you haven't used yet (the THANK YOU is from a new set but the rest is from an older set). I raided my scraps drawers and used some much older paper...yay me!
I was also inspired by the CR84FN46 Color challenge to use Light Pink, Yellow and Neutral. I am typically drawn to high contrast so it was tough for me to use these beautiful soft colors (I had to throw in a couple of medium pink accents!).


Finally I was also inspired by Challenge #18 over at Freshly Made Sketches.


In other news, I received my very own Copic markers as part of my birthday present last week from my wonderful husband! I am now the proud owner of three markers in the red family (I specifically asked for a small grouping so I could try them out without going overboard). I experimented today with an open flower stamp from the new Card Word Puzzle set and am loving them (even though I don't really know what I'm doing!). If I'm brave enough, I'll post some of my experiments! If anyone has any Copic advice for beginners, please send it my way!Pin It

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is very pretty! Very soft and feminine! I adore it "sew much!"

Jen Mitchell said...

How pretty! I love the needle and thread. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

What a lovely card! I love all the little details! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Sue Lelli said...

Lubna, this card is SEW CUTE! Especially LOVE the twine wrapped around the spool like thread! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Love the elegant dressform and spool of twine! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Allisa said...

Love your card! The spool of twine is adorable!
Thanks for joining us at H2H!

Allisa-DT
http://rockymtnpapercrafts.blogspot.com

Rita W said...

Oh my goodness. This is awesome. I love the sentiment and the spool of twine! Great job on this one. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty, I love the soft colours.

Amy Moore said...

Cute card! So pretty and feminine. Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...