Friday, January 6, 2012

Thinking of You Birdie

So I am only recently realizing how the earlier sun setting times are affecting me...I now really have to plan when I am going to photograph my artwork! I have to apologize for the poorly lit photogaphs on my blog lately. My crafting time is usually limited to the late afternoon. Once in a while I do have some morning time but not very often. This means that I usually am trying to photograph in the late afternoon/early evening...near a window to get some sun on my subject. But the sun isn't there anymore! Yikes! What's a crafter without good lighting supposed to do? Ott-lites anyone? One of these days I'll set up a better system for lighting my artwork when I want to photograph it, but for now I'll stick to being near the window and trying to plan ahead.

Anyway, on to the artwork. I, unfortunately, am in need of two sympathy cards. I always struggle with these. I usually make something and then don't think it's good enough. What I need to do is make up a bunch of one design which I like to just have on hand. Since I don't have to mail these I decided to add some 3-D roses.


Supplies used (all CTMH except Nestabilities)
Stamp sets: (A1104) A Tweet, (D1476) Card Chatter - Sympathy
Paper: Striped paper -Veranda collection(retired), the background patterned paper - (X7139B) Typeset Level 2 Paper Packet, Juniper cardstock, Buttercup cardstock, White Daisy cardstock
Stamp pads: Cocoa, Juniper, Bamboo, Brown Bag
Ribbon: (Z1616) Green Collection
Other: (Z1686) Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge for roses, (Z1333) Opaques Mocha Adhesive Gems, (Z1336) Opaques Pearl Adhesive Gems, (Z1151) Foam Tape,Nestabilities - Lattice Rectangles

I am entering this in The Shabby Tea Room Challenge #95, Time Flies. The challenge was to use the following photo for inspiration and to use something with wings. I was inspired by the brach and the greens and yellows in the photo. In case, you haven't yet, you should take a look at The Shabby Tea Room blog. The artwork from the design team as well as that from the crafters posting their projects is amazing!
Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fantaastic! Love the cleanlines and the bird great card!!Thanks for sharing your wonderful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Szf said...

The roses and the bird look sooooo adorable!
My favorite color is yellow so of course I love the roses!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...