Thursday, December 29, 2011

Paper Bows - Using up my stash!

Do you ever make New Year's resolutions? One of my goals for the New Year is to "shop my stash" more often and to make a dent in the enormous amount of scrapbooking paper and embellishments I have.  Of course, I hope to make lots of layouts and cards but I am also going to be more purposeful in looking for ways in which I can use my paper in other projects too. There are just some papers I have which are not my style anymore or which I bought in bulk and just need to use up. So I hope to share some of the projects I find every once in awhile and here is my first find.

I love this idea for using up my extra scrapbooking paper: http://aphradeedesigns.blogspot.com/2010/07/paper-bow-tutorial.html

I will need to practice but here are my first couple of attempts. My bows got a little squished because I am too cheap thrifty to use glue dots and I stapled through my bow layers.

I had enough leftovers to make a little gift card and of course it coordinates perfectly!

Pin It

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love the bows, Lubna! I have lots of paper you could use to make even MORE bows. Shall I bring it to you?

Lubna said...

I thought you would have some extras! I'll take whatever you want to purge (even though I have quite a bit myself). I'm sure we can use it at preschool!

Szf said...

Great bows!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...