Monday, July 4, 2011

Birthday Birdie

I'm so glad I finally had a chance to work on some challenges! This card combines two challenges: the color challenge at CR84FN and Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #18.

The color challenge is to use Red, Pink, and Neutral. I had a hard time figuring out which red to use and I started off with CTMH's Cranberry but it just didn't look right to me with the pink (Blush). So I decided on Tulip and then my card just seemed to flow better. My neutral is White Daisy.

I really like Chupa's pretty sketch for this week. Here's the graphic for you to see.

I wanted my bird image to face towards the right so I stamped the bird from A Tweet on the opposite side of my red patterned paper (from the Sweetheart paper pack), cut it out, and then flipped it over.
 Supplies used (all CTMH): (A1104) A Tweet stamp set, (C1257 - retired) Happy Birthday stamp set, (Z2166)) Tulip ink pad, (X7131B) Sophia Level 2 paper pack, (X7134B) Sweetheart Level 2 paper pack, (Z1336) Opaques Pearl Adhesive Gems, (Retired) Summer Posies, (Z1300) Just Blooms White Daisy Variety Pack, (Retired) Hollyhock Ribbon Rounds, (Z1151) Foam Tape
Pin It

9 comments:

Szf said...

Nice card!
Love your blog!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love the sweet birdie.. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Andrea M said...

This is positively GORGEOUS!!! WOWZAS! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Very pretty card, the sketch looks great in pinks and reds!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful card Lubna! Love the little bird and pretty flowers! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Cyndie said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous! You perfectly interpreted the challenge colors and sketch! I love that bird!

Lisa Elton said...

Clever girl to get your little bird facing the direction you wanted it to! Cute card :)

Deb Hickman said...

Very pretty,love the bird.xxx

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors you've used!! Great use of the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...