Friday, June 24, 2011

Organization

I wanted to show you some of what I am currently doing in terms of organizing my scrapbooking and stamping things. I have been scrapbooking outside the home a lot more than before so I need to have a good way to keep some of my things portable and organized.
For scrapbooking, I need to transport the following:
  • papers and photos (which I usually keep in the plastic bags that the CTMH paper packs come in) 
  • paper trimmer with replacement blades 
  • adhesive 
  • pens 
  • pencils 
  • scissors 
  • various punches 
  • embellishments such as chipboard or ribbon or brads 
  • album with page protectors to store my layouts
I recently bought this from L.L. Bean (on sale!). It is their Large Adventure Tote.  
 I originally thought I would use it as a beach/pool bag or to transport things when we go to the park or to a soccer game but I needed a bag in a hurry when I was going to scrapbook one day and everything just fit. It is large enough to fit a 12" x 12" album plus papers. I also love the outside pockets. Even though the paper trimmer, adhesive, and embellishments can all fit inside, it's really nice to have those outside pockets to keep them separate and organized (It's wonderful to not have to fish around in a large bag for one little item). It's also nice to have those outside pockets to store something like a snack or drink, just in case of a loose lid or top. The fact that this has a zipper is a definite plus. 

I am also now waiting for this (not in this print which I think is not available anymore).  
 
This is a Utility Tote from 31 Gifts. It can hold 12" x 12" papers/files and I'm wondering if it would hold an album. But it also has those lovely outside pockets all around the bag. This could be a good thing to transport scrapbooking materials but I'm hoping that it will function as a works in progress holder for some of my layouts and projects at home since it stands on its own. So when I go somewhere to scrapbook, I can search through this and pick what I want to work on. Then when I come back, I can refile the projects that aren't finished back in here. I do have my Works in Progress binder but I'm trying to keep that for one year at a time and I always seem to have more than one project going on. Anyway, I will work out how to best use it when it gets here.

I often stamp in my scrapbooks (especially to stamp lines for journaling) or sometimes I make cards at crops. For stamping, some of the items I'm listing overlap with my scrapbooking items so they could go in either bag. But here's what I like to take for stamping
  • stamps 
  • ink pads (stored in my Close To My Heart Accessories Case) 
  • acrylic blocks (stored in a plastic pencil box) 
  • stamp scrubber  
  • spray cleaner for stamps 
  • scissors 
  • sponge 
  • pens 
  • pencils 
  • various punches 
  • foam tape 
  • other types of adhesive
This is the All-In-One organizer from 31 Gifts and how I currently have it organized for stamping items I need on the go. Here's the top view of the inside of the tote.
And here's the side view of the tote. There are two pockets so some of the items that I stuffed in this one pocket could go over to the one in the back, but you can see that it holds a lot and keeps them organized.
I am excited to finally have some time to devote to getting organized! If you like any of the 31 Gifts items you see here, let me know and I will put you into contact with Heather who is signing up to be a consultant with them!

Pin It

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Lubna! I love all that organization stuff--as you know! I also like that your All-In-One Organizer matches the background paper on your blog! Love matchy matchy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...