Saturday, June 18, 2011

Scrapping Goals and Studio J Layout Share

I went over to scrapbook with my friend Heather on Wednesday and I finished up the last of my paper layouts for my 2009 family scrapbook. I'm so excited -- I am expecting my next Studio J layouts to arrive on the 22nd. Once they come, my 2009 family album will be complete! I will also get some of my daughter's school layouts (bringing me mostly up to date, except for the pictures I took today yesterday at the end of the year Mexican Fiesta and the ones I hope to take on the last day of school). So I think I can say that I've completed my goal to finish our 2009 album by the end of June. Yay! Moral of the story: it's good to set appointments to scrapbook and to scrapbook with a friend. Thanks Heather!

I also started on some 2008 layouts last Wednesday which makes me want to set a goal for completing my 2008 family scrapbook. I think many of my 2008 layouts might need to be "traditional" cut and adhere, paper layouts since I don't have all of the pictures stored digitally on our computer, so I wonder if it'll take me longer...and even though I'll be home more with no preschool teaching and less of a workload from my work at home job, I'll have the kids 24/7. I would love to finish this album by the end of summer. Maybe I can give myself until the end of September to finish our 2008 album...do you think I can do it?

Here's my scrapping "To Do" list:
  • Clean and organize my scrapping area (the basement) -- I have oozed over into the living room due to a lack of open and clear horizontal space on my art table downstairs and I need to put an end to that!
  • Work on as many paper 2008 layouts as possible -- my mini goal is to finish the January, February, and March 2008 layouts by mid or late July
  • Keep working on one large (over 10 double layouts) monthly order of Studio J layouts to take advantage of the free shipping
  • Work on 2011 layouts in Studio J
  • Work on any 2008 layouts for which I have the digital photos on the computer (mostly the latter part of the year)
  • Finish my daughter's school layouts for this year in Studio J (approximately 2-3 more layouts)
  • Start on my son's school layouts for this year in Studio J
Whew! That's ambitious for me! Anyway, on to the layout share. Here's one of the school layouts for my daughter's album. My daughter will be attending a different school in the fall and one of the things I thought she would miss the most was her art class. Her art teacher was just wonderful. As it turns out, she is leaving at the end of this year too in order to work on a Masters degree in Art Therapy! So I like her even more now since that was my field of study and I don't feel so bad about my daughter going to a different school!



Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...