Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mojo 180 - Wishing You Well

I used sketch #180 on the Mojo Monday blog to make the following card for my mother-in-law who just had surgery on her knee.

The teacup and sentiment are popped up on foam tape. For fun, I used liquid applique sprinkled with cinnamon on top of the teacup to look like whipped cream or frothed milk. I had some ladies over for a card workshop last Saturday and we used liquid applique as frosting on a cupcake on one of the cards we made. We applied it to the paper which had the stamped cupcake, heated it up to make it puffy, and then attached that piece to the card. It wasn't the easiest thing to attach it to the card at that point since we didn't want to place our stamped image upside down on the table and possibly flatten our "frosting" while applying our tape runner to the back of the paper. We tried to apply adhesive to where the image needed to go on the card which also isn't that easy. So for this card, I attached all my pieces to my card, put the liquid applique on the part I need to, and then heated it up. Of course, my card warped after using the heat tool! But I just lay some flat items on top of the places it warped to try to flatten it out and it seems to be okay now!
 
Supplies used: (X7127B) Magnifique Level 2 paper pack, (A1109) A Sip stamp set, (D1283) Say it in Style stamp set, (Z2192) Pacifica stamp pad, (Z2125) Grey Wool stap pad, (Z1385) Designer Ribbon Blue Collection, (Z308) Liquid Applique, cinnamon, (Z1151) Foam tape
 
It was a challenge for me to make a square card. For some reason, I tend to stick to standard size cards but it was nice to try something different (my card is 5" x 5"). Here's the sketch from Mojo Monday.
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...