Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Week in the Life

If you read Ali Edwards' blog, you're probably familiar with the, "A Week in the Life," project. If you don't know about it, you can view her posts about the project here. Basically, you document a week in your life and focus on everyday things. I know that at least in my life and the lives of my family, our routine has been changing quite a bit these past few years. Sometimes, it takes a lot of recall for me to remember things that used to be a matter of habit but just no longer exist in our routine now. There used to be a time about 7 or 8 years ago (I can't even remember exactly!) when my son and I would meet my husband at one of the local Rec Centers every Friday after he got off work. He would get there first and start running on the treadmill. By the time we got there, he'd be ready to take our then toddler son to the pool and let me get some exercising time. Then I'd join them and we'd all swim. That was such an integral part of our weekly routine which just vanished as our lives changed and as our family grew bigger.

While I have done a single scrapbook page on our daily routine before and I have done a small scrapbook documenting a month of our lives before, I have never done the, "A Week in the Life Project." Ali blogged about starting the project again in April and I got so excited about doing it myself that I decided to just start...and it happened to be a Tuesday the next day. There was no rhyme or reason for me to start on a Tuesday but when inspiration hits, you go with it! And sure enough, it turned out that it became an atypical week. I got sick with a stomach virus yesterday! This is the first time I have gotten sick since the school year has started. So while I took more than enough pictures for Tuesday, I just wasn't focusing on taking picture while I was sick. I only remembered to give the camera to my husband at about 4pm! So, I'm including some photos that I took on Tuesday, which weren't day specific, for Wednesday. I did consider starting over with another week (hey, I could even start with tomorrow) but after looking at the pictures, I decided to just go ahead and continue.

I haven't completely decided on the format yet, but I am leaning towards using CTMH's My Creations 3-ring Binder. I think I'll probably make collages in Photoshop for each day. The photo collages can be on the left side of a double layout and then I can include journaling on the right side.

Here is the photo collage for day 1, Tuesday. There was a tree that was actually blooming in the garden at work!

Here is the photo collage for day 2. Note the tray of crackers and ibupforen.

Here is the photo collage for day 3. Again, we only started taking pictures after 4pm since I was mostly resting in the morning but I think it turned out okay. I like the pink legos!

Yes, I know. I need to get a better picture of myself in there! I will work on it now that I'm feeling well again.
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...