Friday, March 12, 2010

A Week in the Life - Layout

I think it definitely would have helped me to have known how I wanted to lay out my, "A Week in the Life" album in advance. It would have helped me have a better idea of how many pictures and which types of pictures I should take (I know that getting sick played a big role in the amount of pictures on certain days). Although it felt like I was taking a lot of pictures, when I do this again, I will try to take more. I will also try to journal each day instead of all at the end of the week, which is what I did this time. But I do think it all worked out pretty well.

After playing around with the pictures and paper, I decided on a pretty simple layout which I hope to follow for each day. I'm using a CTMH My Creations 3-ring Binder as my album. I typed up my journaling on the computer and printed it out on White Daisy cardstock which I then cut to the same shape as the tabbed paper which comes with the binder. I'm putting my photo collage of nine pictures on the left side of each open layout and stamping the word, "today," on the tab on that page. My photo collage is slightly smaller than 5" x 7" so that there can be a bit of a border around the photos on that page. My journaling goes on the right side of the two page layout with a strip of three additional photos above it. The photos are small, approximately 1.5" x 2" each in the strip above the journaling. I will stamp a letter to indicate which day of the week it is on the tab on this page. Underneath the journaling, I will stamp the date. Then along the left side of this page, I will adhere a black ribbon with white stitching. I like the idea of using the binder because I can easily just add to the album when I repeat this project in the future and have the pages all in one place. I think it'll be interesting to compare and see how things/routines change.

Here's the left side of the two page layout:

Here's the right side of the two page layout:

And here they are together:

Supplies used: (Z1141) My Creations 3-Ring Binder, (1385) White Daisy cardstock, (Z2105) Black stamp pad, (D1222) Tiny Typewriter Alphabet stamp set, (D1286) Today's Date stamp set, (Z1034) Ribbon Rounds Black Collection, (retired) Calendar stamp setPin It

1 comment:

youcandoit said...

this is fabulous. i love how all the pictures are together on one sheet. thanks for the inspiration. now i just have to figure out how to do the same...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...