Thursday, March 18, 2010

Embossed Cards

I love simple cards, but for me...they are just not always that simple to make! For example, I was inspired by this post on Ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard. She has great tips on getting the most out of your Cuttlebug and I really wanted to try what she did with embossing the top part of a side folding standard card in portrait layout (check her blog...she has step by step pictures). I must have gone through three 12" x 12" sheets of textured white paper (aack!) before I finally got a decent card! I was trying to stamp directly onto the front of a folded card and it just wasn't working for me. Everytime I tried, I got a smudged sentiment. When I stamped before folding my card and before embossing my card, it worked much better. Anyway, here are my poor imitations of her technique and cards.



Supplies used: (X5671) White Textured cardstock, (C1340) Aspiration stamp set, (D1187) For Every Occasion, (C1381) Card Chatter - Thank You, (Z2120) Garden green stamp pad, (Z2162) Honey stamp pad, (Z2158) Watermelon stamp pad, (Z697) Round Sponge, nestabilities, Swiss dots embossing folder, Victoria embossing folder

There's just something about embossed white paper that is so elegant and beautiful. I think if I can ever get a whole bunch of these made with different unsmudged (!) sentiments on the bottom, they would make a nice gift set.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...