Friday, July 19, 2013

Project Life CTMH Style Weeks 6, 7, and 8

How has your summer been so far? Relaxing? Busy? Mine has been a bit of both. I've had periods where I could really enjoy some down time and some periods where it's been pretty full--but all in good ways.

I had my Kids' Summer Scramping Art Camp during the first week in July and it was a lot of fun, but of course it kept me busy. I'll post some pictures from that soon. And I'm doing another one in August! We'll be using a lot of the items from the new catalog in August, like the jewelry making supplies. I'm really looking forward to it!

During some of my downtime, I've had the opportunity to do a little catch up with my Project Life layouts. Yay! We're on Week 29 in the year and I think I'm on Week 15 in my scrapbook. That's good for me!

My layouts for Week 6 are below. You can see that I took screen shots of "maps" to some of the places I drove to that week. Looking back through the years, I know that what is routine now will change, so I just thought it might be nice to document where we go at this moment in our lives! These two pages focus on the kids' activities and I included part of my daughter's Girl Scout Cookie order form. You'll see that I used the journaling cards that I made with Dotty for You from this post.



Here are the layouts from Week 7.


When I compare the layouts from these two weeks, I prefer the ones from Week 6. I think the journaling cards have a more finished look to them. I may still add something to Week 7's layouts (goodness knows I have enough embellishments in my stash to spare!) but I wanted to get these pictures in the album and if I don't add anything, that will be just fine!

The next two layouts are from Week 8. I used an old Level 1 Paper Pack which came with some coordinating Stickease. Using the Stickease on the paper was a fun way to build up a journaling block. I also used some directly on the photos.



Are you doing Project Life? Are you finding any challenges scrapbooking this way? I'm liking scrapbooking in a different way for me...although it's a lot like the way we used to display pictures (I know my mom used very similar photo holders in some of her albums!). Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...