Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Display Tray

One of my must haves from the new Close To My Heart catalog was the display tray. I was so excited to see it in the catalog and it was one of the first things I played with when my new items arrived. Here's what I ended up doing with it.

Believe it or not, every item I used on the tray is CTMH (except that I embossed the Sweet Leaf rectangle with a Cuttlebug folder) although some of it is very old. It's as if my hoarding had a purpose...somehow I knew I would use those little doodads on this display tray eventually!

I left my chipboard letter F unadorned but I'm still wondering if I should stamp it or cover it with paper. I do kind of like that your eye has a place to rest. What do you think?

Here are some close ups of a few of the compartments. I used both the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and the new Cricut Artiste cartridge throughout my project. The upside down triangle banners (Art Philosophy) are on chipboard die cut shapes to make them more sturdy.

The "Family" sentiment is on some shapes cut with the Art Philosophy cart and adhered to a chipboard die cut and popped up with foam tape. Remember the Canvas Badge Buttons? I used one in the collage below to make the stamped circle "Love This" pop up a bit. I used our old peated ribbon to make a flower (just wrapped aound itself, glued it with Tacky Glue and stuck a brad through the middle). The "leaf" is one of our old Foundry embellishments (originally meant to be a photo corner, I think).

 The main banner below is another chipboard element (paper is cut out with the Artiste cartridge).

Supplies used (I'm not listing unavailable products)
(Z1750) Display Tray,
Paper: (X7156B) Clementine Paper Packet, Sweet Leaf Cardstock, Chocolate
Cricut Cartridges: (Z1790) Artiste, (Z1686) Art Philosophy
Stamp sets: (D1482) Love Life
Embellishments: (Z1127) Designer Ribbon Rounds™ Chocolate Collection, (Z1371) Buttons Blue Assortment, (Z1410) Antiqued Copper Designer Brads, (Z1333) Opaques Mocha Adhesive Gems, (Z1269) Filigree Charms, (Z1336) Opaques Pearl Adhesive Gems, (Z1466) Bling Assortment, (Z1685) Dimensional Elements Banners, (Z1683) Dimensional Elements Mixed Shapes, (Z1659) Dimensional Elements Monograms "F", (Z1276) Mini-Medley Accents Colonial White, (Z1096) Embroidery Floss Neutral Assortment
Stamp pads: (Z2114) Cocoa, (Z2167) Créme Brulee, (44751) Archival Black, (Z1296) Distressing Inks

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...