Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!

The second session of my Kids' Scramping Art Camp is well under way. It is a lot of work but really fun! The girls are busy, busy, busy and doing a wonderful job on their various projects.

Do these look familiar? We started off with card boxes again on Monday. I love how they all put their own creative slant on them. I had precut some elements like rose spirals with the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge. Even though rolling up the roses isn't necessarily easy for little hands, they did a great job with it. Liquid Glass was also a big hit. I showed them how to use it to make dew drops on their roses. They used it for that and to put other details in, such as the veins on the leaves or just extra dimension here and there.
It was cute that they all happened to wear flip flops on Tuesday. I couldn't resist taking a picture!

On Tuesday, we worked on making jewelry. Blogger is automatically turning my picture around, sorry!

Wednesday was all about painting and monograms! We painted and decorated large monograms.

We also made a framed chipboard monogram collage--the girls either stamped, sponged, glittered, or did some sort of combo on each of their chipboard monograms and then they put them on some cardstock. This was eventually put into a frame they had painted.

One thing the girls enjoyed was finding out that you could use a pencil eraser as a stamp to make polka dots!


 
Our last technique today was to use the waterbrush. I showed them how to stamp with a lined image and then how to squeeze a closed stamp pad and use the open stamp pad as a palette to pick up some color.

Whew! I just love it that they are all interested and absorbed by the activities we are doing!
I am also going to be a vendor at the Tri Delta Crop for a Cure coming up this Saturday! I love this crop. It's a fun group and a great cause. I guess it's busy season again!
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...