Sunday, July 29, 2012

You're Amazing: Retrosketch #22

My order of new CTMH stuff arrived yesterday and I got a little bit of time this morning to create! CTMH has come out with a wonderful new Cricut cartridge called Artiste (available August 1st). I sat for about half an hour just looking through all of the things in the accompanying handbook. Go to this link to see the handbook online: http://www.cricut.com/res/handbooks/artiste_handbook_web.pdf

I'll be showing the items I make with Artiste on my blog throughout the week but my first item is this quick little card for my nephew. In addition to the Artiste cartridge for cutting the notebook shaped paper, I used stamps from one of the sets that come with the cartridge bundle, two sheet from the new Avonlea paper pack (solid teal cardstock and patterned paper) and a sheet from the new Scholastic paper pack (graph paper...LOVE stationery themed papers!).

I used Retrosketches #22 for some inspiration.

I love this sketch...it's very elegant and well balanced! You can go many ways with it and I just kept things simple. I wasn't sure if my nephew would want anything too fussy. But I can see myself using this sketch again with a more gussied up card. :-)

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...