Sunday, May 15, 2011

Studio J Layouts -- Grace and You Rock

I usually haven't been setting goals for scrapbooking as some people do (you know, I'll have this many layouts completed by such and such a date). It has been sort of overwhelming for me to think in those terms in the past but I do feel like I can finally set some goals now that I have a "handle on things" with having completed so many digital layouts.

As you know, I'm working somewhat backwards. I've finished my family album for 2010 (all digital), I'm halfway finished with my family album for 2009 (combination of digital and traditional - after all I still have all of that beautiful scrapbooking paper!), I've gotten caught up with my daughter's birthday album (all traditional), I've completed a good portion of my son's birthday album (combination of traditional and digital), gotten caught up with my daughter's school album (all digital), and gotten a good start with my son's school album (combination of digital and traditional). I also, of course, have some other previous years completed or somewhat completed with traditional cut and paste scrapbooking from when I first started scrapbooking, but I'm not concentrating on those yet!

One of the problems I'm running into is forgetting when I've already scrapbooked something because I didn't have a good system of organizing my scrapped pages. Now, I'm using the 12" X 12" My Legacy® Work-In-Progress Album which I love since it's a binder (easy to rearrange the layouts). I'm going to get a couple more so that I can keep the pages for different albums arranged in different binders. Hey, I might even LABEL them! I'm slowly getting a system which works for me.


So, for now, my goal is to finish my family album for 2009 by the end of June! We'll see if I can do it. Wish me luck.
 
Here are a couple of digital layouts which I've just completed. In both layouts, I put a text box over a Stickease images (digital stickers). I changed the background "paper" of the text boxes to "none" so it appears as if the words are written on the Stickease images. I also copied and pasted the definition of letterboxing from a website into my large text box in the first layout. I love being able to do that directly instead of having to open a Word document, work on my spacing, cut cardstock to fit my printer and then print!
 

Pin It

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great layouts, Lubna! I especially like the Manhattan layout. I watched several of the videos on YouTube about using Studio J. It is great to use as is--but there is a lot of cool stuff you can try. One of the techniques they showed was how to do journaling on top of stickers. Fun! As you know, I am done with 2010 and 2009 and picking up speed on 2008! Love it!

Lubna said...

Thanks Heather! There is a lot to play around with once you learn the basics, isn't there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...