Saturday, February 26, 2011

Snail Mail

At preschool, we have different themes of the week. Recently, we had the theme of post office and mail. The kids had a blast making and receiving letters in their mail boxes. Some of them were so excited about getting mail, that they sat right in front of their mailboxes while their friends delivered their Valentine! I could certainly relate to that feeling. Haven't you ever waited by the mailbox? It got me thinking about how much fun it is to receive real handwritten letters and cards. I know that email and texting are so much faster, but don't you miss getting actual letters in the mail? I sure do! With that in mind, I made a bunch of these note cards so I can write short letters to friends when I get a chance. I sent one out to a friend from high school the other day (wow, I've known her for 25 years!). I hope she smiled when she saw it wasn't a bill!

This is another card that was inspired by a sketch from the Clean and Simple stamping blog but I changed it so much I'm not sure I should call it a variation! I like the idea of using strips of paper to create a background piece. It's a good way to use up any coordinating scraps of paper you might have leftover from other projects.

Supplies used: (C1349) Ambiance stamp set, (D1222) Tiny Typewriter Alphabet stamp set, (X7133B) Miracle Level 2 paper pack, (X5642) Cocoa cardstock, (Z2114) Cocoa stamp pad, (Z2353) Sweet Leaf marker, nestabilitiesPin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...