Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day?

One Valentine's party down...two to go! Yes, Valentine's parties are taking place only now. The parties were delayed because we had so many snow days off from school. It didn't seem to faze the kids at preschool that our party was "late" and they were so adorable putting their Valentines in each others bags saying, "Happy Valentine's Day!" I didn't have to do too much prep work for today since the teacher I work with is so awesome. All I did was make heart shaped rainbow crayons for the kids. I got the idea from here and here. One of the kid's parents must have found the same links that I did because that was her "Valentine" to the kids in the class too! Oh well, great minds think alike...or at least surf the web while there's a big snowstorm going on!

I really didn't have to do anything for my son's class pary either, just get the candy Valentines. I usually try to have him make something or hand out some sort of alternative to candy but  now that he's older he was thinking that he might not bring in anything this year. But then just two days ago, he said that he wanted to! Well, I figure candy is okay with two days notice!

The party that I did have to do a lot of preparation for is for my daughter's class, in large part due to the snow. The volunteers couldn't really set up a meeting to discuss what we wanted to do because we were home and snowbound for so many days. Luckily, when I heard about the anticipated storm, I decided to go ahead and buy Valentine items while I could. While everyone else was stocking up on milk and other food items, I was buying Valentine colored M&M's and Sweetart Hearts! Although I spent some time preparing during the storm, I have to admit that I procrastinated and did a lot today too.

Here is another item I found directions for on the web but I actually decided against trying to have the kids make this. I think it would be too complicated but it is just such a sweet little woven basket.

My example isn't quite as perfect as the one on the website where I found it and it doesn't have the handle. Take a look at the picture and directions here: http://www.makingfriends.com/winter/heart_shaped_basket.htm
I might use this idea for little treats at my daughter's birthday party in March.
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...