Sunday, May 10, 2015

Taste of Summer Mother's Day Tri-Fold Card

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! 

I'm sharing the card I made for my mom using the Taste of Summer paper pack and stamp set, only available during the month of May in honor of National Scrapbooking month. I love Tri-Fold Shutter cards because you can really embellish and make them pop!

Here's how it looks closed. I cut out the "m's" and circles using my CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge. I used Juniper and Cranberry inks to stamp my strawberries and sentiments.

When you open it, you can see all the panels. I used the CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge to cut my little label where I stamped "Happy Mother's Day" (from the Just To Say Cricut Collection stamp set).

You can see some more of the dimension in this view.

And here's one more open view as it's standing up. The red ribbon is our retired grosgrain Cranberry ribbon and the red cardstock is the Cranberry from the Paper Fundamentals Adventure Assortment. The base of my card is a sheet of Smoothie cardstock.

You can do a Google search for a Tri-fold Shutter card but the measurements I used for my card base are 12" x 5.5" and I scored lines using my scoring blade in my paper trimmer at 2", 4", 8", and 10" as I held the paper horizontally. I cut from 1.5" measuring down from the top edge and up from the bottom edge going from the 2" mark to the 10" mark. I liked this video on YouTube to get a better idea of how to make this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeaG4wvdZbw
Here's another video I looked at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWrnqMoaCnQ
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...