Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Graduation Cap Card

My niece is graduating from college this year and I wanted to make her a special card. I've been seeing this type of Graduation Cap Card on the internet and decided to try it out. I used the tutorial found here: http://dostamping.typepad.com/dostamping_with_dawn/2010/06/grads-dads-grad-hat-fun-fold-card.html (there's also a video).  I used the Diploma Day stamp set to embellish my card and retired Cranberry grosgrain ribbon to make my tassel (the video has a great description about making tassels out of grosgrain ribbon). I also used the Cranberry sheet from the Paper Fundamentals Adventure Assortment. The Paper Fundamentals have one side with a colored and white pattern and one side with a subtle glossy pattern. I used the glossy side in my previous post with the Mother's
Day card but it may be difficult to see the pattern in those pictures.


Here is how the card looks when it is open. I used 3-D Foam Tape to pop up the white portion, which is also where I stamped. This gave me a little pocket so that I could include a gift card, money or a check with my card.

I added another white panel to the back of my card so that we could have room to write a message.

 I have a good friend who went back to school after being in the work force for many years and she will be graduating from Law School(!) this year. I thought it would be fun to make her a similar card and try to make a purple tassel to match what she will actually have. So I am looking for purple grosgrain ribbon...but I may end up making her tassel out of embroidery thread.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...