Monday, September 2, 2013

You're the Cat's Meow!

It's been forever since I participated in a challenge and I happened to be inspired by two last night! The Papercraft Star Challenge #159 made me think of  this cute kitty cat stamp from the Cozy Cat set because of the luxurious pillow. I did some paper piecing on the kitty and pillow with the Laughing Lola and the Surf's Up paper pack. You can't see it too well in the picture but I used a bit of Silver Shimmer Trim in the collar. Sometimes fussy cutting for paper piecing is therapeutic for me! Then I used Retrosketches #79 for my layout design and made my card.


My daughter is so excited to go back to school tomorrow. This might be a nice little, "Good Luck in School," card for her to start the year off. My son is not as thrilled, but of course, he knows he will have a bigger workload being a sophomore in high school. A card might not be enough for him! Maybe a donut? ;-)Pin It

4 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

That kitty definitely looks happy on that lush pillow! THX for playing with us at Papercraft Star!

♥Jan♥ said...

I just love that you used the pillow as your inspiration for our challenge ! So so cute !! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star !!

Paru Mahtani said...

This card is so cute!!! It sure made me smile!!

Shelly Nemitz said...

Love the paper piecing ... very detailed. It's funny that it's therapy for you because it would put me in the nuthouse.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...