Monday, September 16, 2013

Hedgehog Birthday - Paper Players Challenge #163

I received my new "You Are My Happy," stamp set in the mail on Saturday (the special for this month) and I couldn't wait to play with my favorite image from the set, that cute little hedgehog! Here's an image of the sheet (1 of 3) with the hedgehog on it and the birthday cake too which I also used.
Every year, at the beginning of the school year, I think that it would be a good idea to make up a bunch of birthday cards to send out to my preschool students when their birthday rolls around. I often get started with two or three but never make enough of them for the whole class and then am left scrambling to make something at the last minute. Last school year, I did not even get to making a single one. This year, I've been motivated by that sweet hedgehog! Well, I'm not completely done...because this year I have two classes! But I do have a good head start! And before you think that I'm crazy to try this, you should know that our class sizes are small. I have eight in each class. That's manageable, right?
 
 
I decided to do some paper piecing on the hedgehog and the cake images.
So this...
 ...became this!
 And this...
 ...became this!
 
I also used the Surf's Up paper pack, Aqua Dots, my Nestabilities circle dies, and the Holiday Tags stamp set (I cut the tags out with the Cricut Artiste cartridge) and came up with this card design.
 
So do you think I can make ten (and a half!) more? Wish me luck!
 
Pin It

2 comments:

jaydee said...

Very cute! I love that hedghog looking at the cake. Great take on the challenge. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

LeAnne said...

What an adorable set of images and the hedgie is as cute as can be! Thanks for playing with the challenge this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...