Friday, August 26, 2011

Roxie Mojo 205

I fought my natural tendency to hoard and actually cut into my new pack of Roxie papers yesterday! I really like the Mojo Monday sketch for this week so this is what I used for inspiration.
I used Close To My Heart's 6" x 6" Kraft Die Cut cards for the first time as well. I mainly make standard sized cards but it was fun working with this size. So here's my take on the sketch.

The Kraft cards have a little scalloped edge that folds over the front. Here is a picture of the card with the scalloped edge showing.

And here's a closer view with it a little flatter.
I've been having fun with my new Cricut cartridge and cut out the "label" on which I stamped Happy Birthday with it as well as the spirals for the roses. Lisa Stenz has a great video tutorial about making the roses and rolling the edges down with a toothpick (it's a little easier if your flowers are larger). You can see her tutorial by clicking here. Anyway, in the midst of all this earthquake and hurricane hubbub, there I was yesterday, in my happy place, making paper roses! Very therapeutic!
I also cut my leaves with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge but I bent them here and there and then sponged ink on them to give the look of veins.

Supplies used: (Z1474) 6" X 6" Kraft Die-Cut Cards & Envelopes, (D1475) Card Chatter - Birthday stamp set, (X7140B) Roxie Level 2 Paper Packet, (Z1616) Designer Ribbon Green Collection, (Z1686) Cricut® Art Philosophy Collection, (Z1387) Wooden Designer Buttons, (Z1333) Opaques Mocha Adhesive Gems,(Z282) Black Hemp, (Z2105) Black stamp pad, (Z2111) Chocolate stamp pad for sponging, Green textured paper

I am happy to report that we were not woken up with an aftershock last night (for the first time since the earthquake occured). We were, of course, lucky that the earthquake did not cause any damage...as far as we can tell. I hope we can say the same for Hurricane Irene in a couple of days!
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...