Saturday, January 8, 2011

Warm Winter Wishes

It snowed a bit this morning and it looks so beautiful. I love looking at the tree branches right after the snow has fallen. We're lucky though, since it doen't seem like it will snow much more and we've only gotten less than an inch, enough to be pretty but not enough to cause too many problems.

In the process of organizing the basement and cleaning out some of my scrapbooking materials, I've been taking a more thorough look at some of my CTMH Catalogs/Idea Books and I've come to the realization that I don't really use them as "Idea Books" nearly often enough. I am usually so excited to see the new products that I concentrate on the catalog aspect...even though I often do think to myself, "Oh, I'll have to try that layout," or "What a neat technique!"

With that in mind, I'm trying to use the Idea Books more often for inspiration. So, this first card share is pretty much lifted straight from page 41 in the 2010 Autumn/Winter Idea Book. I simplified the card by not including the embossed Dimensional Element snowflake and changed it to a standard size.

Supplies Used: (X7127B) Magnifique Level 2 paper pack, (C1423) Captured Moments stamp set, (Z669) Silver embossing powder, (Z891) Versamark ink pad, (Z2160) Twilight stamp pad, (Z578) Corner Rounder


I did use the idea of embossing a snowflake on a different card though, but again I just kept it simple (even using a sketch from the cleanandsimple blog without adding any sentiment: http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/2010/12/120.html). You can also compare these two cards to see the difference between Silver embossing powder and Silver Pearl embossing powder. The Silver Pearl is definitely more "pearly," approaching white but not quite.

Supplies Used: (X7127B) Magnifique Level 2 paper pack, (Z678) Silver Pearl embossing powder, (Z1225) Flurry Dimensional Elements, ribbon
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...