Thursday, January 27, 2011

Friend Cards

Last weekend, I got together with some friends for our annual birthday get together. We are all Capricorns except for one who's birthday is actually in September! Here are the cards I made to give to my friends. I love the new pleated ribbons (Z1398 Wings Level 2 Assortment) and it was neat how just changing the color of the ribbon gave a slightly different feel to each card. The shoe and the word, "Friend," are embossed in black.
                                     


Supplies used: (X7135B) Wings Level 2 Paper Pack, (D1452) Find Your Style, January 2011 Stamp Of The Month, (Z1398) Wings Level 2 Assortment - pleated ribbon, (Z670) Black embossing powder, (Z1034) Designer Ribbon Rounds™ Black Collection

We attended one of the teas at Green Spring Gardens for our get together. If you are in the Northern VA area and haven't been to Green Springs yet, I highly recommend it. The tea programs are really wonderful. First, there is a presentation about a topic (the one we heard was about the botany craze of the 1800s and how indoor gardening became popular), then you walk over to the historic house for tea which includes finger sandwiches, pastries, and scones. Here's one of the pretty teacups our tea was served in.


Even though it's winter and the outdoor gardens are not in full bloom, the greenhouse showcases a beautiful indoor garden. Whenever I walk through there, I feel a sense of tranquility (even though this time it was a bit crowded with the people attending the program). I think I need one of these pretty chairs in my backyard!

I love how they displayed these tillandsias (at least I think that's what they are!).

 It would be nice to have a room like this in the house!

I think I am enjoying looking at these garden pictures so much because of the snow we got last night. It is, however, beautiful in its own right.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...