Sunday, January 30, 2011

Studio J Layouts -- Daydream, Class Act, Olivia

I've been really happy with the digital layouts I've completed through Studio J. I usually try to keep one album for my daughter's birthdays, one for my son's birthdays, one for my daughter's school events and photos, one for my son's school events and photos, and one family scrapbook per year or so. This is my intention...but I don't really have one scrapbook for each year for the family photos and there are empty spots in many of the other albums which I do have. I am 'caught up' (yes, I used the dreaded words!) with my daughter's birthday album with all traditional scrapbooking and almost 'caught up' with my son's birthday album (now with a great deal of digital scrapbooking). Using Studio J, I was able to scrapbook my daughter's entire school year for last year in the span of a couple of days. That was about eight double paged layouts. I can't believe it's finished!

Here's one of the layouts:

One thing that was neat for me, was being able to use, Daydream, a paper pack that I never bought (and one I never thought I would use) but I liked how it went with the photos I had. I was able to try them out with these photos on the computer without even having to commit to anything. It wasn't like I had to cut papers and then see how it looked. I think I worry too much about 'ruining' beautiful papers and that's where a lot of my hesitation about actually doing some scrapbooking comes from. So Studio J works for me. I can use it to make digital layouts but I can also use it to plan out layouts to a certain extent.

I also already started scrapping this school year for my daughter's album and inadvertently used the same layout as I used for her first day in first grade. But now I'm glad I did. I also really like this special member's only digital paper, Class Act:


Here's one more layout for you to see using the Olivia papers. I was able to include 15 photos on this layout. The pictures are from this past fall during a trip to one of the pumpkin patches in our area:


So my new goal is to finish my 2010 family album and I will make it mostly, if not all, with digital scrapbooking. Like I've mentioned before, I love the creative aspect of working with actual papers and embellishments in traditional scrapbooking, but it is nice to have a choice and with all the different projects I have going, it's a really nice feeling for me to have when an album is actually completed!
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...