Monday, December 6, 2010

Studio J Layouts

I think I am addicted! I've been playing around with Studio J, CTMH's digital scrapbooking software, for awhile now because it's so easy and fun. And when I'm not scrapbooking with it, I'm thinking about scrapbooking with it!

I try not to think about "catching up" with my scrapbooking because I want to enjoy the process. It's my creative outlet afterall. But sometimes the guilt piles on. I have birthday albums for each of my children and my daughter's is all "caught up" whereas my son's is definitely NOT. I have all sorts of excuses...my daughter has less birthdays for me to scrapbook, when she was a baby I had to put a lot of scrapbooking on hold which means my son's birthdays didn't get scrapbooked during those years, it's fun for me to use the more stereotypical "girl" paper than boy paper (I just had to scrapbook her tea party birthday right away whereas my son's water themed birthday---third year in a row, but so perfect for a summertime birthday---could wait!) , etc., etc. Well, when I started playing around with Studio J and was able to scrapbook while the kids were getting ready for bed, the first thing that popped into my head was, "Now I can catch up with that birthday album!" My next thought was, "and with all of our summer photos...and our fall photos...and," well you get the picture!

I took the plunge and just bought 10 double page 12" x12" layouts. Since I have a membership, I get the jpegs for free so I can share some of them here. You can click on each thumbnail to get a larger image.




In that last layout of our visit to the zoo, can you imagine how long it would have taken me to trim all those animal photos in the upper right side to the correct sized squares? Now I have done it before on other layouts and if I had a large enough square punch, it would certainly help, but all I had to do for this layout was drag the photo I wanted into the photo well I wanted and it resized automatically. If I didn't like it there, I just dragged it to a different one. I was able to enlarge and shift photos right, left, up, or down as well...all while the kids were getting ready for bed! I'm not going to give up traditional scrapbooking anytime soon, but this is really nice!

Studio J is free to experiment with. The only costs are for your actual layout purchase and memberships if you choose to buy one (worth it for me for the free shipping, free jpegs, and discounted price on the layouts). So even if you don't think digital scrapbooking is for you, you can still play around with it and even use it as a planning tool. See how your photos will look in a certain layout with certain paper before you trim them or your paper. For more information about Studio J, please contact me or click here.
Pin It

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks, Lubna, for sharing! Love the layouts and also agree with you that there is a lot to love about Studio J. It is VERY addicting! Heather

Lubna said...

Guess what I did last night, Heather? I worked on Safiya's school pictures from last year...nine double paged layouts! I just have to go back and add in the journaling and then the posed school pictures. Then I'm done with that whole year! Yes, VERY addicting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...