Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snowman Brick

Every December and at the end of the school year, we have the children at preschool present a gift to their parents which the children have worked on (I still have the projects my daughter made when she attended preschool here!). These gifts often tend to be items that showcase some sort of growth element or else they are something solid and long lasting (sometimes both). This year the teachers picked something solid and long lasting! Yes, we had the kids make bricks! I am lucky and have the smallest class in the school so I only had to transport 7 cement bricks back and forth. But some of the teachers at school had to deal with up to 16! My own children came with me to Home Depot to buy the bricks and they asked for their own bricks to turn into snowmen. I also bought an extra in case of breakage. None of the bricks for class broke so I just decided to have some fun with my extra brick and make my own snowman. Even though it's not a typical scrapbook or card posting, I thought I would share anyway since I did happen to use some scrapbooking supplies on it. I used some of my old CTMH buttons (which I miss!) for the eyes, as an accent on the scarf, and for the snowman's buttons. I used a pencil tip painted in orange for his nose. I sometimes have issues with my skinny wrists and repetitive motion so hammering eyelets has never been my favorite thing to do. Now with CTMH's Soft Set eyelet system, I am just getting rid of my traditional eyelets. I am overjoyed to find a use for my eyelets! Check out that smile!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...