Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's with Cricut Artiste

I feel like I have only barely touched the surface when it comes to using my Cricut Artiste cartridge. There is just SO MUCH on that cartridge. There are a ton of cuts you can use for Valentines alone! I did not even use them all but I wanted to show you what I've been doing these past few days.

My first card was very easy and I decided to leave the front of my card almost completely unadorned because the Chantilly paper is so beautiful. I only added a little heart.
Th real treat comes when you open it up and see the cool pop-up! The Cricut Artiste makes this so easy. To get a layered look, I just cut out the same cut twice, once in Ruby and once in Creme Brulee, then I cut the letters and scallops off of the Ruby to layer over the Creme Brulee (and I added a heart, of course). You can embellish more and get a really intricate card but I left it as is.
 
 I cut out a number of the next card for my students using Blush and Cranberry (not pictured here). It was quick and easy. Since I had to make multiples, it was so nice that I could cut them with the Cricut. If you cut them out at 3" or less it can make a cute little gift tag.
I  actually did need a gift tag so I cut a different heart card out at 2 inches and just layered different hearts, scalloped and regular, on top of it for interest. Again, it was quick and easy and I used the Artiste for all of the cuts.
As you can imagine, I had a bunch of little hearts left over from the negative spaces of my second card. I folded some of them in half and adhered them to other cards cut out with the Artiste. Here's the first one. I love the scalloped pattern with the pin holes on the bottom edge of this base card. I kept it simple. I might still add a sentiment but I wanted to get it posted!
Here's the second one with a bit more embellishing. The card base is also cut with the Artiste. The stem is cut with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.
Here's a look at the inside, another pop-up but I sized it smaller this time for interest and variety.
These were all so much fun to make plus they were quite easy and quick thanks to the Artiste cartridge! AND...there are still more heart, love, and Valentine themed cuts on the cartridge!
 
I wish you and yours a very Happy Valentine's Day!
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...