Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pemberley Celebrate

A few college friends and I try to get together once a year to celebrate our birthdays and exchange gifts. Part of my gift to each of them this year was a set of handmade cards. We met yesterday but of course I hadn't finished my cards beforehand and was working in the morning before we met! My daughter was watching me create  and she said," No offense Mama, but you leave things to the last minute!" No offense taken darling! Yes, I definitely have procrastinating tendencies.

I do love one of the cards I came up with to go into my friends' gifts. I used my favorite new paper pack and favorite new stamp set from the CTMH Spring/Summer Idea Book: The Pemberley paper pack and the Card Word Puzzle stamp set. 

I followed along with Freshly Made Sketches #21. Isn't this a great sketch?

I love the design teams interpretations and got the idea of using crimped paper and the Lacey Circles Nestabilities from them! Here's what I came up with.
Supplies used (all CTMH except for Nestabilities and paper crimper):
Stamp sets: (C1494) Card Word Puzzle, Stamp set from Z1686 Cricut® Art Philosophy Collection ("Celebrate") 
Stamp pads: (Z2140) Outdoor Denim
Papers: (X7148B) Pemberley Level 2 paper pack, (X254) 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" White Cards & Envelopes
Embellishments: (Z1263) Bitty Sparkles
Other: Fiskars paper crimper, Nestabilities (Lacey Circles and Standard Circles Small)Pin It

6 comments:

My Creative Side said...

love the blues! and thats some fabulous DSP!!

Tui Nathan said...

Such a pretty card ... love patterned papers!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Your flowers are beautiful! They're perfect with the blue designer paper. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so pretty in blue!

Lesley said...

This is super pretty and worth the wait!! Your friends will love it. Great colours and the lacey circle works so well. Thanks for joining us at FMS. So happy you liked the sketch!!

Rita W said...

I wish I could knock out something so gorgeous last minute. :) Love the colors and that sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...