Saturday, February 4, 2012

February Photo a Day

Although I certainly have enough event types of photos to scrapbook, every once in awhile I like to include a "slice of life" type of layout in my albums. I've done the "Typical Daily Schedule" layout and then a Month in the Life mini album and a Week in the Life mini album (both with random pictures) so I was pretty intrigued when I found this...

on this blog...
http://wipkits.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-case-you-missed-this.html

...which lead me to the original site: http://www.fatmumslim.com.au/

The idea behind this Photo a Day is to take a photo (a day!) using the list as inspiration and post it to whatever social media you'd like to use to share. Tons of people are sharing their links to their pics on http://www.fatmumslim.com.au/ and it's fun to see the different takes people have for the different themes.

It got me thinking of doing a scrapbook layout (or 2 or 3) using this themed list or a themed list and then I thought it would be fun to get each member of the family to do their own pictures with us all using one list as a springboard. When I talked to my family about the idea, they were all eager to do it so we are! I think it'll be fun to see how different or similar pictures in one family will turn out. And I like the focus a themed list gives.

We started of with the list posted but changed it up a bit. Here's what we came up with.

1. your view today

2. words

3. hands

4. hobby

5. 10am

6. dinner

7. tool you use
8. thing that makes your life easier
9. front door

10. self portrait

11. makes you happy

12. inside your closet

13. blue

14. heart

15. mirror

16. something new

17. time

18. drink

19. something you hate to do

20. handwriting

21. favorite color

22. where you work

23. your shoes

24. a ball

25. red

26. afternoon

27. something you ate

28. things that rhyme

29. a family member (Pets are your family)

My daughter included the parentheses on the last one! I think I like #28 the best (I'm thinking "sweet treat" or "tea and me").

We didn't start right on Feb 1st ("your view today") so we had to back track a bit but we're trying to use photos that work...for example, my son is taking a photo of the time he woke up that day (it was later than normal due to all the homework he had the night before) and my pedometer has a memory so I'm including a picture of my steps for that day. Anyway, I hope to post pictures once in awhile or even some of the final layouts once they are done! Maybe you can make your own list? If not for the month, maybe for the week and see if your family wants to join in.
Pin It

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love it! I think I will try, too. What are you going to do with all the pictures? H.

Lubna said...

Heather, I'm hoping to incorporate them into scrapbook layouts. Right now I'm thinking of a double layout per person with a calendar grid of mini pictures going across two pages, maybe using a larger sized flip flap page protector on one layout to explain it and to have the list of prompts or writing the list of prompts around the grid...ooh, maybe each person could write the prompts in their own handwriting around their own grid...but I will play around with it and see what evolves! I'm glad everyone wanted here actually seemed excited about doing it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...