Sunday, September 11, 2011

Woohoo!

I'm so excited! My airplane card was picked as one of the top ten for August over at the Heart 2 Heart Challenges Blog! What a nice surprise! If you haven't ever visited the blog, you should take a look...there's a lot of beautiful artwork and wonderful inspiration there. Click on the cool badge on the right!

In celebration, I made this cute little owl treat box. The October issue of Scrapbooks Etc. magazine has a section on fun Halloween projects and one was making an owl out of a pillow box (thanks Heather!). So of course, I looked through my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge images. I knew I had the pillow box shape but I also used my cartridge to make the flowers and circles for the eyes and the cute mini scalloped banner card for the 3-D beak! What a fun and simple project! You can play around with the eyes and position the black dots to make the eyes "look" up or sideways, etc. Hee hee! Now that I'm getting the hang of using my Cricut, I am feeling great about actually using up some of my scraps. Anyway, I can just imagine this little owl saying, "Woohoo!"

Supplies used: (X7139B) Typeset Level 2 paper pack, (Z1686) Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge, Sunflower cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock, Black Cardstock, (Z1151) Foam Tape

In other news, we are having a thunderstorm as I am typing this! We have had so much rain this past week with flooded roads actually causing schools to close. I really hope this is a fast moving storm!
Pin It

1 comment:

Heather said...

Congratulations, Lubna! You're owl is cute too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...