Friday, April 1, 2011

Studio J Layout - Valentine's Party

For a long while, I just hadn't done much with scrapbooking. I did some mini albums and some random layouts here and there. I feel like I am finally getting back on track now. I never thought I would say this but using Studio J and digital scrapbooking has really helped me to get motivated on doing more scrapbooking, both digital and paper layouts. I am actually done with my 2010 family album (for me, this is big news)! Just having it completed has inspired me to keep creating and now I have started working on my 2009 family album. While my 2010 album is full of all digital layouts, I'm thinking my 2009 album will be a mix since I already do have a few layouts completed, so I just printed out a bunch of 2009 pictures to get started.

I've also become motivated to continue working on the kids' elementary school albums -- my daughter's will probably be all digital and my son's will be a mix since he's older and I don't have all of his pictures through a digital camera (can you believe it?).

Here's one digital layout of my daughter's kindergarten Valentine's Party. I used the "trick" of creating a text box to cover over a rounded element which I didn't want. I also made journaling strips with skinny text boxes and added ribbon tabs to the front edges of those journaling strips.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...