Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Confessions of a Paper Hoarder

It's true...I hoard paper...especially pretty patterned paper. Sometimes it's just difficult for me to dive in and cut that beautiful paper up and actually create. I worry that I might ruin it or that if I do get around to using it, that I might find a better use for it down the line (you know, like the perfect pictures that match it or something). Sad but true! Well, I've been trying to improve. So, I finally dove into my, "Everyday Celebration," card kit from last September! In my defense, I had made two of the cards from the kit right when I got it (but then I wanted to wait because I loved the paper so much). But, I am proud of myself. I just say down today and cranked out 6 cards from the kit. I changed up the designs a teeny bit from the directions and I love them.

The first cards are mostly identical (I only changed the brads) and I made them for my my son to send out as thank you cards for birthday gifts.


I thought I might make up a bunch of cards with this next design to give to my preschoolers on their birthdays.

It was nice to finally have had some time to craft. I think today was my first real, "lazy day of summer," without having any appointments, places to go (aside from soccer practice -- but that was in the evening so it doesn't count), or things to get ready for art camp, an upcoming trip, or convention! I love having a free morning. We did do a lot of organizing in the basement. We're trying to find toys, games, and other things that we can try to sell or donate, but just not having anything specific to have to go to or have to do this morning was a treat!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...