Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Tea Themed Pocket Letter

I mailed off my first pocket letter swap today so I thought I would post some pictures here. In case you are not familiar with Pocket Letters, they are typically made using trading card/baseball card page protectors which have 2.5" x 3.5" pockets and craft items, like extra scrapbooking products. Hmm, now, where would I get some of those? Janette Lane, inventor of the concept explains it here: http://janettelane.blogspot.com/2015/02/what-are-pocket-letters.htm

The swap I participated in is a tea themed swap where we had to include 9 teabags (typical pocket letters contain one) along with the other usual components of a pocket letter. Here's what I came up with.


Here's the reverse side showing all of the teas.

In between the two sides, I tried to include some goodies such as tags, die cuts, glitter, shaped paper clips, and I even had a teapot stencil that I was able to fit in.

This is how I packaged it before putting it in a 6" x 9" padded envelope. You can fit them in a regular business sized envelope if they are not too bulky but I was having fun adding layers and didn't want to worry about restricting myself for this first one!

Here are close ups of some of the pockets.


 This pocket contains an envelope which holds some paper butterflies.

Here's the front of the envelope.

And here's a view of the back.

 The tag in this pocket contains some samples of washi tape wrapped around it.

I made the pink "hello" shown on this pocket with the new CTMH Hello and Thanks thin cuts. I included a little envelope, which contains my letter to my swap partner, behind the vellum rectangle here. 

I made a couple of extra hello die cuts to include in another pocket but here's a look at it by itself. I love how these came out!

I used my CTMH Cricut Artbooking cartridge to make the envelope which holds my letter. Here's the front of it.

 Here's the back.

 Here's the back with the flap open. I included little velcro dots on the envelope flap so that it can stay shut.


I hope my swap pal likes it!
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...