Thursday, June 20, 2013

Organization Process for Project Life

So, how are you organizing your Project Life pictures? Since I am taking all digital pictures for this (and everything now!), it's really simplified my organization process. I take most of my pictures on my phone and they are automatically uploaded to my computer through Photo Stream. I've set up weekly folders under another folder titled Project Life. Here's a screen shot of what I have so far. You can tell that the past several weeks have been busy since I haven't put pictures in those folders yet!
 
 
Here's a closer view of some of those folders.
If I have some pictures that are vertical (portrait) vs. horizontal, I go into Adobe Photoshop and put two vertical photos onto one 4" x 6" canvas and upload my pictures that way to Snapfish or to wherever I want to get them printed. Here's an example of what I mean. These are two vertical photos which I have placed onto one 4" x 6" canvas in Photoshop.

So all of my vertically oriented pictures are 3" x 2" when I print them and can fit into my pocket page protectors. I'm just using CTMH's horizontal page protectors to make things easier for me (http://lubna.ctmh.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=588&CatalogID=35). I either use my paper trimmer to separate them if they are going into different pockets or keep them together if it works that way.
 
Now that school is over and the majority of my work demands have reduced, I am hoping to concentrate on scrapbooking a bit more! I probably need a schedule for myself to get going! So my goals for today, in terms of Project Life, are to get all of the photos I have taken up until now organized into their correct weekly folders. Tomorrow I will work on converting the "Verticals." I will also continue to slowly organize and clean up my scrapbooking space. That's my scrapbooking plan for this week.  Let me know yours and we can cheer each other on! 
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...